[TowerTalk] Re: Question on Spacing for Ladder Line--and Match BoxTuners

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Question on Spacing for Ladder Line--and Match BoxTuners
From: ka4inm@qsl.net (Ron KA4INM Youvan)
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 00:45:12 +0000
Hi all:

> >  I am going to make some ladder line using some #14 (I'd use enameled or
> > insulated stranded) wire, I am planning on cutting some PVC spacers.  My
> > question is what is the ideal width for the spacers ??

>  I wonder if Steve ever got his question answered, about the IDEAL WIDTH ?

  There isn't any ideal spacing, the spacing effects the surge impedance
of the transmission line, and normally it is adjusted to make it as easy
as possible to match it, although the impedance of the antenna and
source
can be changed quite some.  Generally the higher the impedance the lower
the losses.  (it reduces the current)

  73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@qsl.net  SENT Time and Date are UTC
      I upgraded to LINUX, the more I use it, the more I love it.
        It doesn't do everything for you, you must program it.
         Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com

-----