[TowerTalk] 45G arrived

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 45G arrived
From: w5kp@swbell.net (Jerry W5KP)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 20:47:24 -0500
Thanks to all for the outstanding support and advice on this little tower
project. This is still the best list in webdom, far as I'm concerned.

Big day today, the 45G arrived. I can wholeheartedly recommend National
Electronics (800-762-5049) in Shawnee Mission, KS as a Rohn dealer for those
within midwest shipping distance. I ordered my 45G and accessories on
Tuesday afternoon, and it arrived at the Oklahoma City freight terminal at
lunchtime today (Thursday). I'm pretty sure most dealers would still be
screwing around with the order paperwork at this point, but not National.
They ship RIGHT NOW. Don't know how anyone could ask for better service than
that! I also liked their prices. Only problem was the freight carrier
destroyed one 10' section with a forklift tine, but I'm sure I'll have a
replacement in hand long before I need it, since now I have to start digging
holes in sandrock, and that ain't gonna happen overnight. I plan to give it
the old manual method try first, using a rented electric jackhammer (after
all, it isn't limestone or granite!). If that doesn't work out, I guess I'll
call in the big boys with the hydraulic jackhammers mounted on backhoes, or
whatever. It's possible to get a contractor here to drill ("vertical bore")
as deep as you want, using a humongous 24", 30", or 36" bit, but I have not
yet investigated the cost of that. I've watched them do some holes for us in
the phone company, and man they can make short work of a big hole.

Thanks again to all talkians for all the help so far.
73, Jerry W5KP

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----