[TowerTalk] Guy to Tower Attachment?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy to Tower Attachment?
From: teamw@quixnet.net (teamw)
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 11:23:15 -0400
I am puting up a 72 ft Rohn 25 tower and am using three sets of guys for 110
mph winds (Central Florida coast).  I will be using the Rohn GA25GD Guy
Bracket Assembly with TB25D Torque Bars at the top but funds are getting
short and the GA25GD is not cheap.
In the past I have secured guy wires to towers by just looping round the
vertical tubing and securing with wire clamps. I cushioned the guys with a
piece of garden hose at the loop point to protect the galvanizing. I would
be interested in TT readers methods in the way of alternative, cost
effective, low maintenance methods of securing their guys to the
tower.Unless someone has a cheap source of GA25GD's?
de John AB4ET
teamw@quixnet.net

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com