[TowerTalk] This List & Possibilities de W4AN

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] This List & Possibilities de W4AN
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher W4AN)
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 09:31:22 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Jim,

Ya, you can even do an interactive FAQ.  So, someone (list manager,
member) posts an FAQ question and answer.  People come by to read
it.  They see something wrong or want to explain it better, they can do
so.  All of the entries can be set up to require approval so you can
filter our the noise.  And again, many people can be set up to moderate
the FAQ.

I'm a big believer that a picture is worth a thousand words, so I always
try to include images and drawings when I write my FAQs.  This new
platform we did allows this without having to know HTML or needing an HTML
editor.

I'll get some very specfic lists started with FAQs so you can check it
out.  It is hard to imagine needing something else until you see something
better.  I've seen it.

73

Bill

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Jim Smith wrote:

> Bill
> Does the Spoke Forum software allow for the creation and maintenance of
> a FAQ list?  I don't think any of the reflectors I have seen make
> provision for this.  A well organized and maintained FAQ can greatly cut
> down on the posting of the same questions over and over as well as make
> it easy for a newcomer to the list to find answers to most of his
> questions.  The prevalent system of searching the archives is, in my
> experience, not very effective and hugely time consuming due to the
> large number of irrelevant hits.
>
> Don't get me wrong. The reflectors are a great resource.  I just think
> they could be made even better with the introduction of FAQ lists.
>
> 73
>
> Jim Smith     VE7FO
>
> List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
> safety equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!
> http://www.championradio.com
>
> -----

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com