[TowerTalk] Joined Guys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Joined Guys
From: tduffy@sygnet.com (Tim Duffy)
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 20:59:44 -0500
Two big grip preforms along with one in-line guy wire insulator of suitable
strength sure make a very strong and reliable (safe) in-line splice.

I seem to recall seeing a special back to back preform that would effectively
allow splicing. Consult PreForm Line Products in Cleveland, Ohio for more
information.

73,
Tim K3LR

http://www.k3lr.net

Mikael Schad wrote:

> Tower installation is not my area of expertice,but I hope someone can help
> with a concern I have. The company I work for recently had three guyed
> towers installed. I noticed that a large portion of the guy wires are
> actually two pieces that have been joined together. I some cases they are
> bolted together and in others simply spliced and wrapped together. The
> installer claims that this is normal, common sense tells me it can't be.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mike
> mschad@fschad.com
>
> List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
> with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
> say hi.
> <A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>
>
> -----

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention