[TowerTalk] Re: How to connect pieces of coax?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: How to connect pieces of coax?
From: kk9a@arrl.net (kk9a@arrl.net)
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 19:34:21 -0500
I spliced a long run of 3/4" CATV hardline once.  I soldered the center
conductors using a small copper tube as a connector.  I then insulated
it by using some of the insulation from a small scrap piece.  For the
outer shield, I made a two piece shield, also out of scrap hardline.
This was clamped in place using hose clamps and then waterproofed.
The cable is clamped to my tower so that there's no stress on the
joint.  This feeds a 220MHz and it appears to work well.

73,
John