[TowerTalk] Questions on my tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Questions on my tower
From: Mike A. King - KM0T" <scsueepe@mtcnet.net (Mike A. King - KM0T)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 08:54:40 -0500
Tom, thank you for the comment.  However, I have been through all that 50
verses 70 mph debate verses square footage.  I am in a 70 MPH zone, keeping
my fingers crossed.......

All I want to know is if anyone knows the weight limitation of the tower.

Thank you again.

Mike - KM0T

> Mike,
>
> You really need to get a 70 MPH rating (assuming that is the
> maximum wind speed rating for your county.  K7LXC can look it
> up for you).  Note that the wind FORCE doubles from 50 to 70 MPH.
>
> IF the tower had ZERO surface area, that would reduce your load
> capacity by half to 15 sq ft. BUT your tower does have a finite
> surface area so the REAL load capacity is even LESS.
>
> Most likely, vertical load capacity is NOT the limiting factor unless
> you are talking about a tilt-over tower.
>
> de Tom  N4KG

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----