[TowerTalk] I - HV Radio emissions accord

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] I - HV Radio emissions accord
From: alsopb@gloryroad.net (alsopb)
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 22:28:23 +0000
According to Reuters

Italy and the Vatican have reached an accord of reducing emissions:

1) Italy will pay for the Vatican to movie its transmitter for medium
wave programs.

2) Transmission of short wave radio will continue at the Italian site
but shorter (huh?) antennas will be used to reduce emissions.

Interesting.  Second solution sounds technically wrong-- unless they
really meant "lower gain".  Putting the radiating source closer to the
ground seems like it would increase exposure to the populous.

I wonder if my neighbors would pay me to relocate to Tahiti?

de Brian/K3KO

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----