[TowerTalk] C3XLD and Glen Martin 18" tower/hazer

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C3XLD and Glen Martin 18" tower/hazer
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 21:01:12 EDT
In a message dated 5/19/01 5:26:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time, w5kp@swbell.net
writes:

> I suppose I could shift the boom slightly from the 183" mark,
>  but hate to violate K7LXC's Prime Directive.

    Go ahead. I typically use the boom balance point but the spec from the
manufacturer sometimes has something to do with element proximity to the mast
or some sort of situation where the specified distance minimizes mechanical
problems.

    "It all depends on what your definition of 'slightly' is"

Cheers,    Steve     K7LXC
Tower Tech

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----