[TowerTalk] Angle of maximum wind force on Yagis

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Angle of maximum wind force on Yagis
From: SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 11:00:05 -0400
Guy:

     Thanks for the comments.  I agree that flexible elements (Skyhawk) are
likely to shed wind by bending a little,thereby reducing the actual force on
the element/mast/tower.  Would it be safe to say, though, that the equation
I posed (first equation) is the MAXIMUM force likely to be encountered,
given the assumptions I laid out in my posting?  I'm satisfied that it is.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F