[Fwd: [TowerTalk] Tower and Antenna Selection]

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Fwd: [TowerTalk] Tower and Antenna Selection]
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 13:26:53 EDT
In a message dated 5/23/01 9:58:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
w7ni@easystreet.com writes:

> > Well . . . , the description tells me this is a stack of antennas and I
> have never
>  > seen any reference to a stack above the top of the tower in ANY Rohn
book.
>  Since
>  > the manufacturer says NOTHING about stacks and if you follow their
advice,
> I would
>  > guess you should do nothing . . .
>  >
>  > Seriously, more data is really required and maybe even a PE to really
know
> if this
>  > is a good idea or not.

    A C3/4 at the top of the tower and a 13 element 2M beam AIN'T MUCH OF A
STACK! Certainly within the 12 or so square feet of capacity of 25G. Sheesh.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----