[TowerTalk] Baluns and SWR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Baluns and SWR
From: n2tk@earthlink.net (N2TK)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 10:46:12 -0400
Tom, if you are bringing your coax cables down to a coax switch mounted near
the bottom of the tower, would you still recommend bonding the shield of the
coax? If so, do you bond it as close to the balun as possible - the mast of
the beam, or somewhere on the tower, or does the grounded coax switch take
care of this? I am planning on using the Force 12 B-1 baluns.

73
Tony