[TowerTalk] NVIS antenna impendence

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] NVIS antenna impendence
From: wa3gin@erols.com (David Jordan)
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 09:29:24 -0400
Hi Folks,

Getting ready to built a Jamaica NVIS antenna for 40m.

The concept is pretty simple. Two full wave dipoles spaced a half wave
apart and about 1/8-1/4 wave above ground (which in my case is sandy
lome).  The dipoles are fed in phase with open wire.

I'm wondering what the input impedence (ball park) will be for this
antenna. I've got a nice Granger balun 50 ohm in and 600 ohm out that I
would use rather than installing a tuner of the drop (so I can run coax
back to the operating position).

If someone would run the numbers for me and respond direct I'd be very
appreciative.

HAVE FUN,
dave
wa3gin

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----