[TowerTalk] Rerouting: Minooka or Battlecreek Vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rerouting: Minooka or Battlecreek Vertical
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 22:48:38 -0400
Picked this up as a bounce on another reflector and redirected it.
Please reply to yy178@fen-net.de

- - . . .   . . . - -     .   . . .     - - .   . - . .

73, Guy
k2av@contesting.com
Apex, NC, USA

------------------------------------

Subject: Minooka or Battlecreek Vertical

Hi folks,

we have a seen an interesting article about the minooka/battlecreek
vertical antenna for 40/80/160m and this seems to be exactly what we
need for our local contest-club-station. (www.pi4cc.nl/link/mkII.htm)
It´s only 47ft high and needs 2 loading wires for 80/160m.

Does anyone of you havemade some experience with the real
performance of this nice design and can tell me about his thoughts ?
Maybe with the use of elevated radials ?

Thank you in advance & 73

Marcus
DL3NCI

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----