[TowerTalk] Quest for better

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Quest for better
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:00:37 -0400
Try feeding that 160 meter inverted el at the end (hi-Z) against ground
on eighty meters. Avoids a lot of the 1/4 wave conundrums and has a
pattern much like a hemisphere.  I used up 63 feet and out 70 feet with
good luck on 80 meters. Since you have to use a tuner/matching
arrangement of some kind any way, it covers the entire 80/75 band. The
high current is up there around the bend.

Put it on a model and see how it compares to a 60' inverted vee at a
takeoff of 5 & 10 degrees.

Sounds like you have both of them up there. You could do some a/b
comparisons on 80 meter DX.

73

Guy Olinger
Apex, NC, USA