[TowerTalk] Tensioning guys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tensioning guys
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 23:58:08 -0600
The utility companies have nice attachments for adding
guys to their single loop anchors.  Another approach would
be to clamp a plate or angle iron with an appropriate size hole
to the rod.  Or, make a right angle attachment using boom to
element style construction with 4 U bolts and a flat plate.

A technique I use is to make a strap with small loops in each
end, looped through the anchor eye, using 1/8 inch 7 strand
galvanized steel wire (the old 6/18 guy wire).  A nylon harness
could also be used.

de  Tom  N4KG

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 20:12:26 -0500 "J. Kincade" <w5kp@swbell.net> writes:
> I understand the methodology of the Klein grips and comealongs, I
> think, but
> how, exactly, do you attach the lower end of the comealong to the
> guy rod
> shaft without interfering with the equalizer plates, etc.? I'll have
> about
> 3' of 5/8" galvanized rod sticking out of the ground at about a 41
> degree
> angle... Maybe I'm making this harder than it is, just because I
> haven't
> done it yet, but the vision isn't perfectly clear yet.
>
> And Stan, I believe you.
>
> 73, Jerry W5KP
>

> List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer?
> Call us
> for information on our fabulous Trylon Titan self-supporting towers
> - up to
> 96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
> HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
> www.ChampionRadio.com</A>
>
> -----

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!