[TowerTalk] Quadrifilar antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Quadrifilar antenna
From: n6ws@msn.com (Chris & Bill Shell)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 00:33:09 -0700
Ford,
I use quadrifilar helix antennas for UHF uplinks.  The antennas provide a
fairly uniform hemispherical CP coverage pattern.  The pattern isn't truly
hemispherical since the pattern covers to about 5-10 degree depression from
the bottom plane.  The quadrifilar helix can be made to be very broad-banded
by increasing the size of the tubing used.  If you use 1 inch copper flex
water pipe you can achieve low VSWR from 400-450 MHz.
73, Bill
N6WS