Fw: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering 20DX-6 SWR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering 20DX-6 SWR
From: kk9a@arrl.net (kk9a@arrl.net)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 21:07:36 -0500
I received many direct responses.  Some suggested modeling the antenna, one
volunteered to model it for me, one suggested calling the manufacture (who's
out of business), one suggested a bad balun, and one said he put up the same
antenna and didn't have this problem.  Thanks for all of these responses.  I
now wonder if the problem could be from side mounting the antennas on my
tower.  The tower is Rohn 65 (26" face) and the first director is only
inches away.  Could the close proximity to this large tower cause some
detuning?  I did have to readjust other antennas that were also side mounted
on this tower.

73,
John