[TowerTalk] Half Wave Verticals @ WWV/VH

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Half Wave Verticals @ WWV/VH
From: ag0n@arrl.net (Gary McDuffie, Sr.)
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 08:30:15 -0600
On Sat, 16 Jun 2001 20:49:49 -1000, Jim Reid wrote:

> > Can two antennas be fed for an omni-directional pattern?
>
> No, there is nothing to be gained from two vertical antennas
> for omni coverage.

I would think this would be incorrect.  You can stack the verticals
vertically and still be omni.  It's done all the time at VHF
frequencies.  While not the desired pattern in their case, it is doable.

Gary

ag0n at arrl dot net
http://mcduffie.ws
--

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A

-----