[TowerTalk] Braided Ground Strapping

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Braided Ground Strapping
From: K7GCO@aol.com (K7GCO@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 00:17:26 EDT
In a message dated 6/18/01 8:14:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
k4bet@bellsouth.net writes:

<< I would suggest one correction to a comment made and I quote:  "It's easy
 solder any other wires...."!  Please, never solder any grounds!  The low
 melting point of solder will cause the joint to disintegrate extremely
 rapidly with a very small surge of lightning.  Then NO ground protection!

 Use clamps and good strong compression fittings designed for the purpose!

Very good point and I just pointed out I used 2 brass screws and then solder
any heavy wire to the copper strip inside the shack.  k7gco

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----