[TowerTalk] Will Trees Kill Me

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Will Trees Kill Me
From: WD4K@bellsouth.net (WD4K)
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 10:29:07 -0600
I have used the EZE Hang for a couple of years. I works great BUT- the reel
unit that comes with it is really light weight and plastic. It will simply
not stand much use, even with the light line and will not reel light
monofilament over an 80' tree for very long. I tried pulling the line by
hand and that worked except for the mess it makes of the line unless you
have someone reeling while you are pulling. It found the bottom of the trash
bin after a few uses. I solved the problem by purchasing a VERY heavy duty,
closed faced reel in a sporting goods store. It came with 20lb mono on it,
steel gears etc. This works really well and I have had no problems since.
20lb spider wire on that reel is a winner. I have a bunch of 70 and 80'
trees and have placed pull lines over most of them with no problem. 73,
Tommy WD4K