[TowerTalk] DXpedition to ND

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] DXpedition to ND
From: ford@cmgate.com (Ford Peterson)
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 21:18:54 -0500
There's a contingent of guys locally (central Minnesota) that think it would
be nifty to activate North Dakota during a 160 contest this winter.  I think
their instincts are correct, they'd be pretty popular.

Anybody aware of a location that may have a structure to use for an antenna?
A commercial tower or defunct AM broadcast station would be perfect
(hopefully with a heated facility with flushing toilets hi hi).  I've even
been pondering loading a village water tank.  You never know...find the
right tap point it'd no doubt take power.  I'm sure there must be a village
in ND with a flea bag hotel next to the water tank...

If you've ever been to North Dakota, you would understand how rare a 40'
tree can be.  Most are 30' or less.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----