[TowerTalk] Tennadyne T7 DB Gain Question Summary

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tennadyne T7 DB Gain Question Summary
From: k0bx@qsl.net (k0bx@qsl.net)
Date: 14 Jul 2001 08:53:07 -0700
First I want to say thank you to all that replied to my question.  I got a real
education and some very helpful information.

1. It is hard for me to believe that the T-7 antenna has a gain of 6.2dbd.  My
Hygain 4 element monobander 204BA is only rated at 6.0 dbd.  So maybe I should
junk the 204BA and get a T-8?

2. From the comments, it looks like the T-7 will work in my tower space.  It
will work about as good as a TA-33jr as for as gain and FB.  This is about what
I want and expect.  I will get the additions 17/12 meter bands which is a big
plus.

3. There were a lot of very good comments.  But I do not have a bunch of money,
I don't live on a big farm, and I don't have a big tower.  I just need a
replacement antenna for the Hygain DB10/15. One that will fit in the same spot.

Thanks again for your comments.

Joe K0BX St. Louis

k0bx@qsl.net
http://www.qsl.net/k0bx
http://www.shopping.altavista.com

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----