[TowerTalk] RE: [PVRC] Rotating Dipole for 80 meters

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: [PVRC] Rotating Dipole for 80 meters
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider)
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 02:47:40 +0100
Karl,

I have a Force12 EF-180C that was an early model that I made several mods
to.
It's 85 feet tip-to-tip and has linear loading.

Since then, Force12 has incorporated most of the mods I suggested in
production (at least several of them).

I have a video tape of the mods I made and some info on the mechanics of it.
I sell the video for $25.00
Check out my website for info:  www.erols.com/n3rr

No, 40 meters will not work with these linear loaded models.

I would think if the separation is 10 feet or more, no problem, but F12 may
have an
answer from their testing.

BTW, my EF-180C is at 149 feet and WINS almost any pileup.  It's a great
antenna.

If you put up a 80M rotatable dipole, try to get it at least 100-120 feet in
the air.
The higher the better on 80.

73,

Bill, N3RR