[TowerTalk] Side by Side, Elliptical polarized yagis for 6m?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Side by Side, Elliptical polarized yagis for 6m?
From: ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca (Mike & Coreen Smith)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 18:15:30 -0300
Hi Everyone,
Mike VE9AA here.
Brand spanking new to the list and I am going to fire off a question right
off the bat.

Has anyone tried side by side yagis, each slanted 45degrees, (tops pointing
towards one another), fed IN-PHASE
for elliptical polarization? (I don't want RHCP/LHCP)

I am primarily a 6m DXer so local tropo, EME, etc. usually does not interest
me much.

I'm thinking of a pair of the K6STI long 5 elements spaced 5/8wl apart up @
58' or so.

Have 5 "other" 6m antennas here, so wanna try something "new".

Mike VE9AA

Michael, Coreen & Corey Smith
(VE9AA,  VE9AAA & Baby)
271 Smith Rd
Waterville, NB
E2V 3V6
Canada

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----