[TowerTalk] Routing cables - tower to shack

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Routing cables - tower to shack
From: jamvet@bellsouth.net (Milcarsky)
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 18:57:10 -0400
Steve,

It's clear that grounding the coax at the tower base, before it bends toward
the shack is the right thing to do.  However, I have only heard that the
coax shield should be grounded at this point.  Why not also place an
arrestor for the center conductor at this point as well?  It would seem that
this would afford a certain amount of extra protection.  What are your
thoughts?

Ed  KG4ARN