[TowerTalk] How much is enough for non-interaction?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How much is enough for non-interaction?
From: djl@andlev.com (Dan Levin)
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 13:42:30 -0700
I am designing a 2 element 40 meter yagi in the spirit of the Force 12 N
element yagi's.  The goal is not to be less than full size, the goal is to
avoid unwanted interactions with a near-by (13' down the mast) tri-bander.
Rather than using linear loading, I am using capacity hats to load the
elements.

The question is, how far do I need to move the '21 mhz' resonance to avoid
interactions with 15 meters?  I currently have the antenna set up so that
the secondary resonance near 15 meters occurs at 22.800 mhz.  The antenna is
62 ohms - j130 at 21.450.  Is that good enough?  I assume that it is, but
any thoughts would be helpful...

Yes - this is yet another question related to my Boonville project :-)

Thanks!

                     ***dan, K6IF

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----