[TowerTalk] Re: US Towers 472 coax question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: US Towers 472 coax question
From: K2we@aol.com (K2we@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 17:16:39 EDT
Hi John,
    While I do not own a US Tower, I do have a Tri-ex LM-470D which is very
close. I have the coax arms at the top of each section. The longer ones start
at the top and end up with the shorter on at the top of the lower section.

As for taping the coax, I have mine free. When I lower the coax, it slides
thru the arms and coils at the base of the tower. This prevents undo strain
on the cables from bending around the coax arms. I found this out the hard
way and had to replace 7 coax and 3 control cables (rotor, remote switch
etc.) after just 8 months. Just be careful when raising the tower making sure
no coax gets tangled around the motor or other things at the base of the
tower. The motor is strong and the coax rips very easy. Once the tower is
fully up, I put 2 yellow bands of tape just above and just below the lower
coax arm. This makes it easy to tell when the tower is fully extended.

Enjoy your new tower..

73  Steve/K2WE

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----