[TowerTalk] Antenna Modeling Question Update

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Modeling Question Update
From: nielsen@oz.net (Bob Nielsen)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 09:33:18 -0700
On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 10:31:47AM -0400, Bill Hider wrote:

> Hank,
>
> You asked four questions:
>
> 1. EZNEC works fine.  You need to be an experienced Windows, PC and software
> user to use it.  I have modeled all of my antennas/stacks/towers etc.  It is
> able to show the interaction between the antennas on the same and on
> different towers and their patterns very nicely.  I'm not sure what
> navigation problem you had.
>
> 2.  EZNEC will provide answers for your questions about the performance of
> the 10M stack, the 10 ele at the top, the 10 ele 10 and the 6 ele 20
> interaction, etc.  No need to get opinions.  The model will tell you all you
> need to know.

This is a complicated enough combination that the demo version of
EZNEC, which only allows for 20 segments, won't be able to model it
very well at all.  The full version accomodates 500 segments.  For
simple antennas, the agreement between the two is fairly good.

Bob, N7XY

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----