[TowerTalk] 25G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 25G
From: w3svj@juno.com (w3svj@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:29:46 -0400
How risky is it to hoist 60 feet of 25G from somewhere above the C of G?
The club (Steel City ARC, W3KWH) is trying to get the ATV repeater
receive antenna a bit higher above the tree line. The antenna represents
about 1.5 sq ft of windload.

The plan is to assemble it all on the ground and secure the top guys as
well as tie down the hardline. Of course the earth end of the guys would
secured and the tower plumbed when it is upright.

The concern is, will the tower buckle under its own weight before it can
be swung to the vertical?

I have the "Big Book" but I can't find anything regarding this type of
installation.

Does the "fold over" installation equate to what we would be doing as far
as stressing the tower near midpoint?

73 de Nate, W3SVJ, in Pittsburgh where it's not so smokey anymore.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----