[TowerTalk] How high should my Tower be for 10-20 Meters?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How high should my Tower be for 10-20 Meters?
From: SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:39:29 -0400
Nathaniel:

     I would second Joe Subich K4IK's recommendation against unguyed Rohn
tower at that height and recommending the Trylon self-supporting tower
series.  I'm in the process of putting up a 64-foot Trylon in my small back
yard.  Check out www.qth.com/KA9FOX   and   www.qsl.net/n8wrl/index.htm
for photo records of typical installations.  Also check out
www.championradio.com  for pricing info on the Trylons.   But you'll need to
know wind information about your location, which will help you decide which
model Trylon tower to buy (assuming you go that way.)  Champion Radio also
has a page on wind speed listed by US counties.

     Good luck and let us know how you decide to proceed.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F