[TowerTalk] Freestanding Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Freestanding Towers
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 05:41:22 -0600
 "I suppose they could set the entire 80' 45G at one shot,
if I had the nerve to try to lift the whole thing fully assembled by
picking
it at the top, but I'll probably do it in two 40' sections, because I'm
scared of folding up my new 45G."  W5KP

One of the locals used a crane to install 130 ft of R45.
The first section was leveled and then he made 3 lifts
of 40 ft assemblies.  We attached 3 slings, one to each
leg, down through the center, to a single hook.  The
sections hung perfectly vertical and were easy to install.

Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

-----