[TowerTalk] Neat trick with Yaesu rotator

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Neat trick with Yaesu rotator
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 12:35:43 -0700
Maybe this is old hat to some of you, but I found a neat way to use my
Yaesu G-1000DX rotator.

On the back is a switch used for calibration.  If you leave the switch
in the "calibrate" position, you can use the preset control as an
automatic control.  Normally, you have to turn the preset and press the
start button, but this way, you just turn the preset and the rotator
follows immediately.

The only possible drawback I can see is if you accidentally turn it back
while the motor is turning.  Might be hard on the gears, since the motor
would instantly reverse instead of stopping first.  That's probably why
the "normal" position doesn't work that way.

Anyway, if one is careful, it is a lot more convenient.

Comments will be appreciated.

73, Bill W7TI

-----