[TowerTalk] finding resonant frequency of a shunt-fed tower for 160

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] finding resonant frequency of a shunt-fed tower for 160
From: alsopb@gloryroad.net (alsopb)
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 11:53:13 +0000
For those with aluminium towers, the magic stuff is aluminium
sulfate.  XYL uses it in the garden.  It must be slow acting.  Hasn't
changed tower height yet.  However, the temp change from the dead of
winter to the heat of summer produces a 1' change in total aluminium
tower length.  So prehaps heat is faster acting.

By the way, we have found the actual Jack-and-the-beanstalk seeds.
They produce a big purple pod.  In one season, they grow 25' and end
up with 1" around stalks.  The root system was over 6' in diameter.
I've instructed my XYL to banish them from our kingdom for fear they
will take root around the towers.

73 de Brian/K3KO