[TowerTalk] HDBX- 48

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HDBX- 48
From: w7ni@easystreet.com (Stan or Patricia Griffiths)
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 10:24:55 -0700
Regarding investing in a Rohn Catalog for BX information:  I noticed in my last
shipment of catalogs from Rohn, that the BX information has been left out of
their
Commercial catalog since they no longer make the BX series of towers.  I suspect
that when they reprint the "consumer" version of this catalog (the one made
mostly
for hams), that the BX information will be deleted from that one too.  The
bottom
line is that you had better get your Rohn catalog soon if you want it to have
any
BX information in it . . .  This goes for "tilt-over" information too, since
those
have been discontinued also . . .

Stan
w7ni@easystreet.com

ValErwin@aol.com wrote:

> Chuck:
>
> Per Rohn, the HDBX-48 will need the BXB8 stub section to go into the concrete.
>
> For the BXB8 section, the hole dimensions are:
>
> 5'-9" square X  3'-6" deep taking 4.9 yds of concrete. (Note that 6'" of the
> concrete stick up above the ground level for a total concrete depth of 4 ft.)
>
> The rebar is placed 3" below the top surface of the concrete and 3" above the
> bottom surface of the concrete.  The Rohn book states: "No. 3 bars 12" O.C.
> each way top and bottom or a welded wire fabric of equivalent steel area."
>
> Suggest you invest in a Rohn spec book -- handy to have around to show a
> building inspector, etc. --
>
> GL
>
> Val
> W5PUT