[TowerTalk] killing one band of triander?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] killing one band of triander?
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 15:17:41 -0400
Removing the inner traps removes the 10 meter functionality as a driven
element. After that the element inside the remaining traps would have to
be extended until 15 meters was resonant again. What the extra length
actually was most likely would have to be discovered by trial and error.

Doing that for the other trapped elements is a far more complex and
delicate matter. Wouldn't even attempt it. Removing a 10 meter untrapped
element won't change things too much.

I would remove the driven element from the boom, suspend it somewhere,
and feed it like a dipole. Remove traps, add length, retest, add length,
etc, to get it resonant on 15 again.

73

Guy Olinger
Apex, NC, USA