[TowerTalk] Mast on HDX555

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast on HDX555
From: eugenej@optonline.net (Eugene Jensen)
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 21:50:16 -0400
On the US TOWER HDX555 How long a mast above the thrust bearing can anyone
recommend and how deep inside this tower is the Rotor Plate? The Mast is 2"
4130 chrome-moly steel and The piece I just had delivered is 23 feet long
and came from Dillsburg Aeroplane Works. They were very nice people to work
with and was delivered to my work QTH in a few days after the order. I have
some two part epoxy PPG industrial paint that it going to get sprayed
painted with. The local inspecter has approved the tower foundation and we
pour 10 yards on Tuesday. Its and old swimming pool site in the backyard and
needed a diff. design on the foundation. I know it sounds like a lot but the
OEM was close to 6 yards and only cost $200 more in Concrete. When I sell
this place I'm going to put nice new picnic table on the pad. Gene K2QWD

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----