[TowerTalk] guyed tower reference?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] guyed tower reference?
From: rthorne@tcac.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 17:39:39 -0500
I would say 80% of the tower height where the highest guy for that anchor point
will be attached.  I.E. for 25g guyed at 30 and 60 feet put the anchor point at
48
feet, for 90 and 120 foot level guys put the second guy anchor point at 96 feet.

If you plan on stacking yagi's be sure you leave enough room between the tower
and
the guys for rotating.  You may end up using a higher number than 80%.

Philip Florig wrote:

> At 17:50 8/6/2001 -0400, you wrote:
> >I too, did two separate guy anchor points for the same reason....on all three
> >200 footers, even though according to the book, it wasn't necessary......So
> >far so good.
> >Bill K4XS
>
> Hi,
>
> This will be one of those good points to remember.  Going along with
> this, a question has come up.
> The Rohn Catalog for 25g shows only single point bottom guy support up to
> 170ft.   If you wanted to have multiple lower guy points is there a
> guide at what distance they should be out from the center of the tower?
> Just a nagging little question.
>
> 73   Phil
> Philip Florig           e-mail:pflorig@ieee.org
> PO Box 44                   (or):W9IXX@arrl.net
> Worth, IL.  60482           amateur radio:W9IXX
> USA                      also:J3X-T30,31,32,33P
>                             team member:AH1A-J3A
> supporting towers up to 96 feet for under $1500!!  http://www.anwireless.com
>
> -----

Richard Thorne
Amarillo, TX
Amateur Radio Station - N5ZC (Ex. KA2DSY, N2BHP, WB5M)
Remote Control Planes - AMA # N5ZC
Web Page: http://www.tcac.net/~rthorne/index.html

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----