[TowerTalk] Voltage or Current Balun?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Voltage or Current Balun?
From: aa4lr@arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 10:28:32 -0400
On 8/7/01 6:04 PM, Greg Gobleman at k9zm@frontiernet.net wrote:

>I have wound several and that is the easy part.  These are the
>W1JR type, illustrated in W2FMI's book.  The problem has been
>sealing them against moisture and insects etc.  Another problem
>is relieving the stress on the coax so it does not break.

Someone else suggested in a direct e-mail to go to the Home Depot
electrical and buying a can of Plastic Dip. A bead balun could then be
successively dipped in the Plastic Dip to seal and protect it.

Seems like a W1JR balun might be a candidate for such treatment.
(Although the plastic would certainly increase the inter-winding
capacitance and lower the series-resonant frequency.)

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----