[TowerTalk] Conduit pull string

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Conduit pull string
From: 107770.3462@compuserve.com (James P. Cassidy)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 23:12:02 -0400
A word of warning about pull string/rope,  small diameter braided nylon
twine is not the stuff to use.  An electrician pointed that out to my a few
years ago.  It will slice into almost anything else inside the conduit and
and in the case of PVC pipe it will actually saw right thru it.  In fact he
uses it to cut off PVC pipe 9in close quarters.  Just saws it back and
forth around the pipe.  Almost quicker than using a hacksaw.
One standard in the industry is a pull string made of plastic strands
twisted like a small rope.  Its not very large diameter but it much better
for not cutting.  I think even it will cut if you pull it across a plastic
surface.

One trick that makes it easier to pull more later is to be sure to leave
something to pull each time you pull something thru.  Much easier than
using a fish tape to re-establish another pull later.

73 Jim KI7Y

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----