[TowerTalk] Shack Ideas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shack Ideas
From: ny9h@home.com (bill ny9h)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 19:26:39 -0500
the hamcam works great; originally was to watch the coax not getting caught
in the crankup
now i use it to watch cars coming down the block, or my beam on the 50"
tower....
some of the newer cameras will switch to b/w in a lowlight condition; and
then go to color when it's brighter....  the az/el  or pan/tilt  ( pelco or
vicon)as they call it will cost more than a camera/lens.
  and another note, my camera puts a little birdie on 20.... and that was
hard to figure out.
have fun

bill

At 06:19 PM 8/15/01, J. Kincade wrote:

>Kevin, don't forget to plan *plenty* of btu capacity for cooling in the
>"back room". Best thing I ever did was put air and baseboard heat in my
>shack/elex shop, which is a partitioned-off 14' x 25' room at the rear of a
>25x55 shop building about 200' from the big house. Now it's my year round
>hideout. :-)
>

> >The TV will also allow me to view the tower-mounted beam cam
>
>I have a friend on the Big Island who has a tower cam looking out at the
>ocean. Pretty cool idea. I'm kind of mentally getting into the towercam
>thing, and I think I'll look into it for the new tower. Don't know how these
>little cameras will react to 1200 or 1300 watts of RF nearby, though. Also,
>I suppose it would be be a juicy target for the first available lightning
>bolt that comes along! Maybe I can find a cheap camera with backup spares.
>What I'd REALLY like to have is one of the surplus units from a TV station
>that is up/down and left/right remote controllable via touchpad on a dialup
>phone line. I could hook it up to my second phone line to control where it's
>pointing. Now that would be cool.
>
>73, Jerry W5KP
>

>List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,
>Trylon Titan towers, coax, hardline and more. Also check out our self
>supporting towers up to 96 feet for under $1500!!  http://www.anwireless.com
>
>-----

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----