[TowerTalk] Steel wool baluns/no review

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Steel wool baluns/no review
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 22:00:02 -0400
> "R.D. (Ron) Rossi" wrote:
> >
> > Plausible I    G U E S S , but was it the April edition???
>
> Hi Ron
>
> Nope.  But judging from the replies it was a total disaster.
> That was the first time I'd seen or heard of something like
> that.  It looked too good to be true :-)  73

This goes to the earlier discussion about unedited and unreviewed
technical text. Look at how this can happen in the only publication
system that actually attempts to review things!

Now consider the technical problems we all have from publications
that publish any wild claim without any attempt at all to verify the
accuracy!

Things are bad enough if we stick with the only magazine that
makes any attempt at all to give good technical information. Now
imagine a source that attempts to focus on publishing things that
are too good to be true...with no attempt at technical review...while
charging money for the incorrect data or plans.

To the ARRL's credit, one phone call and they looked into it. A
hammer over the head won't work other places.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----