[TowerTalk] Wattmeters and 75 ohm Coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wattmeters and 75 ohm Coax
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 09:19:58 -0700

>Hi Guys,
>
> I was wondering if anyone out there knows if the Bird 43 wattmeter and
>Coaxial Dynamics peak reading wattmeter work with 75 ohm coax or just 50
>ohm?
>
>If they don't work properly with 75 ohm coax, is there anyway to "offset"
>the mismatch to get more accurate readings?
>
>Are there any wattmeters that can work properly with both 50 & 75 ohm coax?

//  I arrive at PEP by measuring peak RF voltage across the load R with a
freshly calibrated  oscilloscope and a x100 probe.  For a sinewave,
P-peak=(E-peak^2)/R  and PEP=P-peak/2.   This method works with any
resistance load.

cheers, Bob

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end