[TowerTalk] Re: Does US tower make a 131ft crankup that free standing?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Does US tower make a 131ft crankup that free standing?
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:26:27 -0700
Hi Jack: Yes they do. They have built at least 3, N6BU, K7ZV, and I have
just received ours. They are rated at 30sf in an 80 mph wind, have 3,
not 1 lift cables between sections, and have an integral anemometer
connected to the winch to automatically lower it when set wind load
occurs. It is model 5130. I saw photos at the UST booth at Dallas
Hamcom. It isn't cheap but masterpieces usually aren't. 73, Dan, N5AR

Jack wrote:

> I saw your post about the cable. Sounds like a good price for the cable
> too. I need to put a new cable on a US tower 89ft crankup.
>
> Jack
> wb4roy

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----