[TowerTalk] Re: Does US tower make a 131ft crankup that freestanding?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Does US tower make a 131ft crankup that freestanding?
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 11:53:08 -0700
The base is 4x4x11 1/2 and 16 yds concrete. The design is ingenious. The
sides of the base section are 37 1/8 inches. They have basically used
the 689 tower shape, increased the wall of the corner tubes to 3/8, used
higher strength material, and stretched the sections to 26 ft from 20
ft. The Z rod bracing consists of double Z rods, nested together and
welded together. The 50mph rating is 75 sf. 73, Dan

ValErwin@aol.com wrote:

> Dan:
>
> I jus' gotta ask: A.) What size  is the hole and how many cubic yards of
> concrete does this tower take?? B.) Dimension of the base section??
>
> TNX
>
> Val Erwin - W5PUT
> Flower Mound, TX

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,