[TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Bevel Gear

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Bevel Gear
From: gm3poi@btinternet.com (Clive GM3POI)
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 08:10:45 -0000
Lance be careful that the splined o/p shaft has not been distorted by the
welding the bevel gear fits with a very fine tolerance. My bevel gear was
rusted on so I ended up cutting it off removing the splined shaft and re
designing the o/p with a concealed bearing and a steel bar for the main o/p
shaft complete with its own key way. You might want to consider doing
something similar because the o/p bearing is prone to rusting up. GL Clive
GM3POI ex G3POI