[TowerTalk] Tower top & C31XR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower top & C31XR
From: jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca (Sylvan Katz)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 07:59:56 -0600
At last my C31XR and EF240s are on the tower this weekend. I have had a
little difficult tuning 15m but it seems Force 12 has a solution to this
problem which I have not tried yet. I have been measuring the swr using the
meter in the Icom 736 but this meter seems to be lacking sensitivity low
swr. I borrowed a Daiwa cross needle meter. It is more sensitive than the
Icom.

Question:

Does anyone know if the C31XR 15m tuning problem is how related to its above
the top of the tower i.e. could the proximity of the top of the tower to the
parallel lines running between the 10 and 20m driven produce the strange
problems that have been reported by other?

Can some one point me to a resource that will explain how to adjust the Icom
736 swr meter so I can calibrate it to the Daiwi?

tnx
.. sylvan