[TowerTalk] PVC and UV

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] PVC and UV
From: richard@karlquist.com (Richard Karlquist)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:14:29 -0700
 Ford Peterson wrote:

>I looked at Rick Karlquist's posting of pictures today with great interest.
>My concern it the use of PVC throughout.  I have no documentation to
>demonstrate my fears.

In explanation of my bare white PVC antenna parts:

I wanted to try out the antenna first before going
to the trouble of painting or taping the PVC.  If
you want to put up an antenna for years without
working on it, then you should do something about
UV.  I'm going to rebuild mine pretty soon and replace
the relays with traps, etc so at that time I will
probably make it more permanent.

Some of the gray PVC I have used in the past has
turned brown in the sun, for whatever that is worth.

Rick N6RK

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----