[TowerTalk] 160 linear loading

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160 linear loading
From: w7why@harborside.com (Tom Osborne)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 17:18:09 -0700

Hi All

Would it be possible to build a linear loading device using 2
helical wound coils.  I was thinking of putting up a 70 foot
vertical and using 2 coils hooked up to deed it.  Make some
coils  wound on a couple of 10 foot or so PVC pipe.  Coax would
go to the bottom of number one, the top of that hooked to the top
of number 2 and the antenna to the bottom of number 2.  Would
seem a good way to feed it--better than a coil at the base.  73
Tom W7WHY

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----