[TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 18:58:02 -0700

>Hi all:
>
>> My particular situation is a small lot, lots of cash and no time.
>
>  Except for the "lots of cash" part I am in the identical situation.

//  In my experiences, for 160m operation from a smallish lot, the
end-fed wire antenna works better than anything except a half-wave
end-fed wire supported by a balloon.  By feeding the antenna from a
ground-level L-network in the back corner of the yard, a resonant antenna
fits on a 100' lot.  A suitable tether for the other end can be a tree in
the front yard.  The washingtonia robusta palm is ideal.  /note -- the
total of the bends in the wire should be less than 90º/

>         73 (= Best Regards) de: (= this is) Ron ka4inm@qsl.net
>       Please visit my HAM web site at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm
>

>List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,
>Trylon Titan towers, coax, hardline and more. Also check out our self
>supporting towers up to 96 feet for under $1500!!  http://www.anwireless.com
>
>-----

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end